Malaysia Automotive, Robotics & IoT Institute (MARii), is an agency under the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). Serving as the focal point, coordination centre and think tank for the nation’s automotive industry, it functions to enhance technology, human capital, supply chain, market outreach and aftersales capabilities of all automotive stakeholders and ecosystems.
MARii’s main objective is to enhance the competitiveness of the automotive industry and overall mobility including Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Related Services through the adoption of robotics & IoT
MARii’s Roles and Responsibilities include:
- To continue the development of National Automotive sector towards global competitiveness, as well as to enhance the application and development of Robotics and IoT within the Big Data Analytics (BDA) architecture platform including Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and use cases where necessary.
- Engage and mobilize collective efforts among stakeholders in the Automotive, Robotics and IoT sectors, to plan and implement relevant industrial strategies with regard to the common data mining, analysis and analytic platform as in 1.
- To conduct strategic research in the field of Automotive, Robotics and IoT as inputs and policy recommendations to the government and the industry.
- To create new jobs and businesses in Robotics and IoT within the related fields to automotive manufacturing and services, ITS and the overall mobility.
MARii Four Pillars:
Since its establishment, MARii has strengthened its institutional capacity by positioning itself as an Automotive Manufacturing Innovation Centre, with 4 Centres of Excellence established to date:
- MARii Academy of Technology
- MARii Design Centre
- National Emission Test Centre (NETC)
- MARii Satellite Sabah