Kota Kinabalu, 14 AUGUST 2019 – the 6th International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (ICAME 2019), was officiated today and will be held from 14th -16th August 2019 in Pacific Sutera Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
The biennial international conference is a platform for academia, industry leaders and policy makers to share and discuss latest researches, ideas, and survey reports in the theoretical and practical areas regarding all aspects of mechanical engineering and related areas.
The theme for the 2019 edition of ICAME will be “Engineering for Humanity”, emphasizing the role of engineering in providing technologies to fulfill the needs of modern humanity. The conference was officiated by Dato’ Ts. Madani Sahari, CEO of Malaysia Automotive, Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii).
ICAME is organised by Society of Mechanical Engineering Liveliness (SoMEL), a society under the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Shah Alam, in collaboration with the Malaysia Automotive, Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii).
“The pace of current technological advancement has led to the interdependence of various disciplines and specialisations within the engineering field. It is important that the exchange of ideas and knowledge be promoted across the nation, bringing forth novel technology solutions that address human needs and enrich the lives of society.”, said Dato’ Madani in his keynote speech.
“ICAME 2019 is one of many continuing collaborations between MARii and UiTM to enhance competitiveness of the Malaysian industry. I also congratulate UiTM for taking this conference of international stature to different locations in Malaysia and spreading knowledge across the country”, he added.
This is MARii’s second involvement in ICAME 2019, and was announced during the opening ceremony of MARii Satellite Sabah in February 2019. The announcement was made by Minister of International and Industry (MITI), YB Datuk Darell Leiking during the MARii Satellite launch.
Industry experts from Malaysia, Germany, Japan and Korea will be speaking on various topics such as human capital development in the era of Industry 4.0, advanced manufacturing technology and simulation and design applications within the automotive industry.
Industry experts and researches who will be speaking in ICAME 2019 include:
- Dato’ Ts. Madani Sahari, CEO MARii
- Professor ManSoo Joun, Gyeongsang National University, South Korea
- Professor Akihiko Hanafusa, Shibaura Institute of Technology Japan
- Ing. Marcel Graf, Technische Universitat Chemnitz Germany
- Prof. Dr. Nor Hayati Saad, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, UiTM
Participants from Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Germany, South Korea, China, Japan, Netherlands, Austria, Czech Republic, Thailand, Nigeria, Russia and Iraq submitted a total of 164 research papers. A total of 140 papers are accepted (an acceptance rate of 85.5%) based on the reviews from the program committee and external reviewers. The selected papers will be published in IOP scopus indexed proceeding as well as Scopus and high impact journals: Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Evergreen Journal.
The following activities will also be conducted in conjunction with ICAME 2019:
- Workshop on Engineering Education in Promoting 21st Learning Skills by SoMEL
- Workshop on Metal Forming CAE Technology by Metal Forming Research Corporation (MFRC) South Korea
- An excursion to MARii’s first centre outside of the Klang Valley – MARii Satellite Sabah
Chairman of SoMEL, Professor Dr. Salmiah Kasolang said, “The research areas, workshops and activities at ICAME 2019 are strategized to reach out to those within in academic community, industry, government and public, in driving the needed technologies for humanity. SoMEL believes that the spirit of giving in liveliness is the basis for effective and impactful action”.
In conjunction with ICAME 2019, three Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) and Letters of Intent (LOI) will be exchanged:
- between MARii and MFRC Korea on enhancing industrial capacity building in Metal Forming capabilities
- between UiTM and MFRC Korea on research and human capital development in Metal Forming
- between UiTM and Shibaura Institute of Technology Japan, on the Global Course Program
- between UiTM and Virtual Production Engineering of Technische Universitat Chemnitz Germany in areas of Virtual Manufacturing, Metal Additive Manufacturing and Product Lifecycle Management